Sunday, December 18, 2005

Random Rants and Disturbing Thoughts

It's raining. STILL. It's been raining for, like, 24 hours and I wish it would stop. For all the people who worship Seattle or Britain, you must be enjoying the hell out of this. And for those of you IN Seattle or Britain, you should be getting a good chuckle at us Floridians.
The rain sucks.
I was supposed to be going on a road trip to GA yesterday but the rain was covering all of north Florida and most of GA that was visible on the weather maps so there was no point. Oh, yeah, and it all seemed to be moving to the north-northeast so REALLY no point. We'll try again, I'm sure, but I really want pics of the xmas lights and they might not be there after new years. Anyway, we ended up just hanging out a bit listening to music and chatting which was fun and all but I really wanted to go somewhere. This "need" has gotten worse after starting the new job and feeling confined five days a week and then having to work another 2-3 nights a week so when I get home, I watch tv, play on the net and then crash. I don't feel like I accomplish much during the week, y'know? The limited postings on HERE should attest to that.
Plus, Jon didn't have his xbox hooked up and I am still curious about some of his games. Maybe that's a good thing though since I have been ok without a game system these past few years. I sold my playstation and all my games back when I needed cash. Made decent money on them since I actually take care of my shit and keep the boxes. Call me anal for that but it DOES come in handy. Hell, I even had the demo discs!!! I know I go overboard with games and stuff. Like with movies and books and comics and cd's and the rest, I need to control myself. I just like so many different kinds of things and genres that I WANT too many. This was my way of controlling myself.. not buying a new system. I still get the hankering to play but since it would be just too damn hard to go out, buy a system, buy some games and then come home to play, I don't do it. Add in the idea that I refuse to buy a system for just ONE game, ignoring the fact thatI secretly know I like more than just one, and I never really plan to buy a game system. Still would've been fun to play on his, though. Oh, well.
The other problem with the rain is my plumbing. Apparently my plug out back is underwater if it rains for more than a couple of hours. This leads to the toilet doing the scare tactics crap where it comes RIGHT TO THE TOP before going down. It rained so much yesterday that the TUB was backing up. And to flush the toilet sent it into the tub. We HAVE asked them to fix this and it seemed like they had but that was only because we haven't had this much rain since they "fixed" it. So in the middle of the downpour I was out back trying to find the submerged plug so we could at least take it off and find ourselves able to use the john! Maybe even take a shower! But the real kicker here is that my roomie/sister was SUPPOSED to call the landlord FRIDAY and advise them it was showing signs of problems. The rain ended up making it SO much worse. Seems she was sick and at work so she felt she couldn't call. This made no sense to me. Ok, her being sick and not calling did but the work excuse didn't. So when I called him last night I got told that we REALLY should've called friday since the septic guy was out here working on another problem in the area. ARGH!!
I went over to hang out at ma's for a bit since they were going out and I like playing with the pets. Plus, she has food and tv and the net just like I do so it feels like home. What a way to spend a saturday, right? Well, since I had OTHER plans it affected me being able to make NEW plans. And after dealing with all that crap (no pun intended) I wasn't really in the mood to go out. Maybe today!! After I take the towels and such to get washed so they don't mildew and wait for my sister to get up so I can make sure she is around for when the landlord calls.
Haven't been able to walk lately because of the weather. I miss it. I enjoy walking and it is good exercise. Treadmills make me dizzy if I do more than a mile on them and it just FEELS better walking outside. It's hard enough finding time to do it as it is with the early sunsets and cold weather and work schedules. The weekend is my time to REALLY go out and walk. Stupid rain.
I watched some of the 40 Year Old Virgin last night. The "unrated" one. I get so sick of how they market these things. I liked the movie fine enough (you can browse thru and find the review on here) and was curious as to what they cut out or changed. But, it was an R rated movie so they really shouldn't have cut too much out, right? They cut out nudity... which if you remember my review WAS a complaint... and some interaction amongst the minor characters but otherwise, it's not a "dirtier" movie or anything. It's a bit more worth it than say the Dodgeball unrated or the Anchorman unrated sets. Only a bit. I realize they are trying to con people into thinking it's going to be a much raunchier movie (which it SHOULD have been) and I guess it works. My natural inclination when it comes to dvd's, though, is to get the one with the most STUFF. I end up watching THAT more than the movie sometimes. Like with Superman: The Movie. I've seen the documentary more than the movie. On THAT disc.. not in my entire life. Same goes for Fellowship of the Ring Expanded... seen the documentary more. I usually watch the movie with commentary first unless I am showing someone the movie or it's my first time watching it. This is just so I can make sure everything is working with the disc. I watch all the special features and such and then put the disc on my shelf for the next time I'm ready for it. Some of my disc I have never watched WITHOUT the commentary running. I just realized that. Weird. I am ALL about the special features and I see an "unrated" cut or a "director's" cut as a special feature so I will get those versions. Only twice has it lead to a version I don't like of a movie (Euro Trip and New Guy) and usually I do prefer it or just don't see the big difference enough to care. I just get tired of this whole unrated marketing gimmick. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home has an unrated version. I always remind myself of this so I don't get disappointed when I buy one and yet it doesn't always work. Mainly cause the commentary tracks always talk about the differences so it just makes me notice how minor the changes to the story or presentation really ARE and I can't help wondering why they cut it out since it wasn't like they were getting threatened with an X or NC17 or anything. "Unrated" just means the MPAA never gave THAT version of the film a rating. Still annoying.
I AM looking forward to getting the new version of Sin City though. It was the only thing I asked for at Christmas. The only thing I wanted. My family has been very generous to me all year so I didn't want anything from them this year. I told them that. Anytime they asked what I wanted, I told them "nothing" since my roomie/sister is already handling that movie for me. they got MAD at me because of it. I told them to spend the money on someone else. If they REALLY wanted to give me a gift, then just put my name in the "From" part and give it to that other person. That would mean more to me than receiving my own gift this year. And part of it is becasue of what they've already done, part is because there is just not a lot that I WANT or NEED. The other part was because I really like to give gifts. It's fun. I like shopping for other people (and myself, of course) and I knew I wouldn't be buying much this year so it would be a way for me to still be giving gifts. I enjoy the feeling and I enjoy it when I find something the other person wanted and couldn't get or find but I really like it when it something the person didn't even know existed. I don't have the time to produce a gift this year and will be hard pressed just to do the annual cartoon, which I've had to skip before. But they got MAD at me bacuase I said I didn't wnat anything. They still see me as the kid who sneaks a peak at his presents. They still hide them from me. They still don't trust me around them when they aren't there. They still think I am a grumpy 6 year old who will say when he doesn't like a gift. I'll tell you if you ASK but I enjoy getting gifts so there is reallly nothing negative for me to say. It's free stuff to me, y'know? What's to complain about? Besides, I can take back anything I don't like. This usually happens whenever Ma buys me clothes. Took me YEARS just to convince her I don't need a watch, wallet, pen, sweatshirt and slippers every damn year. I STILL have a lot of these things. Hmmm... maybe I should give THOSE away this year.
My neighborhood (Ricker Road) has added another four way stop. We have had the one at Ricker and 118 for a few years now and the accidents and near accidents have stopped... not until AFTER I almost got killed or hit three times. They used these lessons to help them set up the new one at Ricker and Wheat. They put up the "Stop sign ahead" sign and the flashing light on top of them both and the clear marking of "4 way stop" in a very visible spot. These were all done in stages on the 118 stop. So that's a good thing, right? HELL NO!! People still don't know how to behave at a four way. It takes forever for people to "figure out" who goes first. It gets REALLY bad when you have NICE people there wnating everyone ELSE to go first and throwing off the timing of it all. Like merging traffic... it's the nice people causing problems as much as the assholes trying to cut in. The assholes forget that EVERYONE is in a hurry and the nice people forget that everyone ELSE is in a hurry. Who can look at all those cars on the road and forget that everyone is going SOMEWHERE and would like to GET there.. oh, SOON? Do assholes really think everyone else has some sort of rush hour fetish? Traffic jams get them all hard and wet? I AM an asshole and believe me, I don't forget that. And I love it when a nice guy will slow down to let a car in... when right behind them is me and right behind me is a half mile of empty road. Rearviews are there for a reason!! But I was talking about four way stops, wasn't I? Yes, I was. Let me ask you this: Who goes first at a four way stop? If you said "person on your right", so beat yourself with a tire iron. It's whoever gets to the stop sign (and STOPPED) first. A four way stop is a first come, first go scenario. The only time you look to your right, is when you get there at the SAME TIME. It is amazing how many people don't understand this. Didn't we all take the same damn test? Didn't we all have to go thru the same type of shit to GET our licenses? What happend to this knowledge? Maybe we shouldn't be satisfied with the passing scores we currently have anymore.

I DID say these would be rants, remember? so no calling me bitter!!! But enough about this stuff. I need a breather. So let's have some 'fun'! And that means:

DISTURBING THOUGHTS ROUND-UP!!

(Remember the rules... this is just where I -or you- can share those thoughts that normally you fear people will judge you for.... but there will be NO judging here. We all have these sorts of thoughts so we can't hold them against each other)

-Why do Chinese and Vietnamese people always sound like it hurts them to speak english? It's odd. It really sounds like they are in pain. Not cause they tend to be loud... just the way the words come out. Makes MY throat hurt.

-I've always been a leg man. I love legs. Especially SMOOTH legs. Not counting that fur shorts shit women do where they don't shave the upper thigh cause the hair is "so fine you can't see it" or cause they "don't really grow hair there". That's such crap. Maybe from where YOU are looking you can't see it, but as a guy donw next to it... they are like fucking TREES!! But I have found a new problem. Fur shorts was my term for this because usually that woman doesn't shave off the pubic hair.... maybe trims it but not bald. Now there is fur chaps. This is where the woman DOES shave the Happy Patch clean off and still leaves the thigh hairs.

-In order to respect all the annoying Christians out there who aren't satisfied with "Happy Holidays" as a greeting and INSIST upon "Merry Christmas" since they feel all the damn manger scenes and carols mentioning Jesus and all the church postings and shows and speeches and our current loser president just don't serve to show people that their faith dominates our country and since they apparently don't see Christmas AS a 'holiday', I say we go with the good ol' tried and true greetings of "Hello" and "Good bye". Maybe even a "Have a nice day" thrown in... assuming the Christians can avoid getting into a huff over not explaining that the day is a "gift from [their] god" and all. Otherwise, I think we should go with my new personal favorite after listening to all this 'debate' over how important all this is while fighting a glorified religious war in the middle east. Instead of Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas, I say we just say "Go Fuck yourself!" Who's with me?

-You know those clips they started putting onto DVD's? The ones you have to flick open so you can open the case? The ones like suitcase clamps? Did you know you can just twist those off once you've open the case? I didn't realize that. That's kind of cool. The scary part, though... I twisted them off my 40 Year Old Virgin case and my first thought was "Shit, what if I want to sell it later?" Yes, I AM a collector nerd.

-I am still upset that comics and sci-fi get such a bad rap with the ladies. Just like when they find out I like horror movies or I like country music or I like cartoons, suddenly that feature is what defines me. I like OTHER things too you know!! But I sure don't like YOU anymore. Fucking pretentious bitches.

-Anyone else notice that UFO sighting reports have dropped significantly since W took office? Not sure if it's cause the aliens went running after seeing our "leader of the free world" since it proved our general lack of intelligence or because, well, he's given positions to all those who would be REPORTING seeing UFO's. Same with Bigfoot.

-Ma was explaining to me how trustworthy the news is. Since it's captured on film and they interview people. I tried to explain how editing works. How selective interviewing works. I finally settled on the argument that really only works at this time of year.
"These are the same guys who give "Santa's Progress" Updates at Christmas time, ma."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica said.....

WOW you just needed to talk didn't you? Did some lady friend of yours say something after she found out about some of your interests? I think the problem lies with when you hear that a guy is into comics, one of the first images that comes to mind is the comic book guy from the simpsons. Now most women would not be attracted to an individual that has that persona about them...so they don't bother with figuring out if you're different or not.

8:19 AM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

Says the woman who dates a comic guy. :)
Yeah, I know prejudicial attitudes has a LOT to do with it but still... it's frustrating.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home