Sunday, September 18, 2005

Confusion

The world has confused this ordinary man. The colors and patterns, though beautiful, serve only to distract. The images before my eyes last well after they are gone. I know nothing but reality but relations with others are based on fantasy.
We speak at each other with codes and symbols. Expressions take the place of words; gestures replace sentences. The communication lines are damaged by continuous misdirection and blatant lying. A person will say nothing’s wrong as the world crashes around him. A woman will excuse anything believing it to be her own fault.
What has happened to this incredible animal? We dominate above all others yet kill ourselves at the drop of a hat. We pride ourselves as being the only creature we know with language capabilities yet lie at any available opportunity. Why is it so hard to say what we mean? I would rather spend time speaking with myself that attempting to interpret the prattle of others. At least then I know when I’m lying.
But why, then, do I feel loneliness? Is it possible that I can’t live alone with only myself? Do I desperately need the company of others to prevent madness? I don’t know? I’ll never know, will I?
Feelings kept inside where it’s safe. Thoughts held private to avoid ridicule. I don’t care what others think about me so why do I care what they say? I need help and don’t know where to turn. Life is getting to be pretty damn fun. Ah, hell, it builds character! I’ll just ride with it and hope for something better to come along.

2 Comments:

Blogger PenguinCoop said...

Sounds like you just need a stiff drink and some hot sex. I bet that will make it all better!

11:42 AM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

You offering? Cause I sure could use a stiff drink.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home