Monday, January 01, 2007

This is why I don't tell Mom stuff...

Ma: So why so grumpy?

Me: I've got a headache.

Ma: So what did you do last night to get a headache? Where'd you go?

Me: I tried to go out with Kevin... left before midnight. Wasn't feeling god... not in the mood.

Ma: What happened?

Me: Nothing. Just not in the mood.

Ma: You used to get like this with Pam whenever you two fought. You wouldn't be in the mood for anything. What happened with that girl you were dating... with the yellow car (ma sucks with names)?

Me: We're not dating.

Ma: Didn't you just bring her over here earlier in the week?

Me: Yeah.

Ma: But you're not dating?

Me: Nope.

Ma: Not seeing each other ever again?

Me: According to her, no.

Ma: What did you do?

Me: NOTHING.

Ma: You must've done something REALLY bad.

Me: I didn't do ANYTHING.

Ma: So what happened?

So, now, for ALL of you out there... here is what happened as best as I can understand it after talking at length with her yesterday... this is almost verbatim what I explained to Ma.

Ahem.


"Apparently it's MY fault because I wasn't supporting her request for space. She blames me for the times she cancelled on her friends to come see me even though I kept telling her to not do so, would get onto her if she did and would encourage her to see them. This is her view even though I never forced her to come over or spend the time In fact, 1/2 the times we saw each otehr (at least) she would ASK to come over and would TELL me she planned on staying. She stopped telling e when she SHOULD have had other plans because she knew I would get onto her... that much she admitted. So not only did SHE choose to come over, she hi details from me so I wouldn't make her feel bad about her decision. A decision supposedly based on the idea that she PREFERRED to spend time with me and that it was hard for her to say "No" when I DID invite her. So, you see, it's MY fault and she feels the need to not just distance herself from me but get rid of me completely because she actually LIKED ME TOO MUCH and worried she wouldn't discover herself, what with me encouraging ehr to do just that and offering to be right there with her if she was scared or nervous. So... we can't see each other again because we actually enjoyed seeing each other a lot and didn't get bored and actually went out of our way to see each other. As she would say, "No one else could get her out of her PJ's at 930 at night to drive 35 minutes to come see them" or "Take a spontaneous (to ehr) trip to Orlando withot knowing why." That's what I got from her esterday once she stopped trying to deliberately hurt me to get me mad enough to hate her an walk away to make it easier for HER to get ehr space since she couldn't simply take time on her own or talk to me and explain so I could be more supportive in giving her room.. something I never knew I was even enfringing on."

Ma: That's too bad.. I know how much you loved her.



That's mom... always prepared to throw salt on the wound.

Needless to say, Ma is now coming up with questions so I am keeping myself busy until I can think of an answer. Any ideas? Anyone else able to make heads or tails out of this one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home