Friday, July 22, 2005

The Drowning Man (2004)

I find that I’m set adrift and lost in a wild sea
I know what has happened but not why it had to be
I see you in the distance, my former ship of choice
I scream as I am sinking but you ignore my voice
I splash about, wave my arms and try to catch your eye
I want help, not pity or at least to hear “Good-bye”
I find instead your back is turned, your hair blown by breeze
I see you have little time to humor all my pleas
I cannot see if your face is also marked by tears
I don’t know if it’s the future causing all your fears
I am alone and lost and I don’t know what to do
I have no hope another ship will just happen through
I watch you sail further away, leaving from my sight
I can’t stop your going, as if it weren’t your right
I offer up one last cry and even scream your name
I know it makes no difference; you’re gone just the same
I finally sink beneath the waves, having breathed my last
I only have my memories; the rest is in the past
I’ve heard there are many fish and when it’s said and done
To you I simply have become just another one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home