Monday, February 27, 2006

Why boy scouts piss me off.

I have never been able to make plans more than a few days in advance and have any of them go according to.. uh... well, PLAN. People wonder why I tend to be more spontaneous and last minute in what I do, but that's why. Becuase I got tired of making arrangements for a couple of weeks out and watching them fall apart. Sometiumes they don't go to crap until the very last second. Like this past weekend.
Friday was Jeff Dunham. I had initially bought the tickets at the suggestion of a woman who for some reason stopped talking to me. Seriously, I don't understand why. We've since talked and she had no excuses. Ugh. So I asked a co-worker. This was weeks ago. She said yes and all was ok. We slowly made further arrangements for the evening... dinner first, comedy show and then whatever else we thought of doing.
Saturday was going to be a visit to Twisted Martini. I got invited (indirectly) to a b-day party for NEXT Saturday and wanted to make sure it was a place I could stand since I willl be pretty much on my own at the thing. I brought it up to several friends and got almost 100% positive RSVP's. It was to be me and about 6-8 other people. Maybe more with a few later additions. I was going to go to the Highland Games in the morning (around 9) and then stay there all day, come home and relax, clean up and head to TM to meet up with my friends aorund 9PM.
Sunday I would rest.
Sounds like a fun weekend, right?
Oy.
So, first of all, my co-worker kind of flipped out and started worrying that I was being "lead on" by the fact that she is nice to me or something. Sure, I joke around and sure she's an attractive woman (I'm not dead, married or blind so I can't hide my appreciation of that) but at the same time it's never been any secret that she has no interest. Not just in ME but in "dating" at all. She's in her "I like being single" phase and I refuse to damage that for ANYONE. Not to mention certain other issues that would beed to be worked out before I could really generate more interst than "she's fun to talk to and we've had a couple of fun outings and conversations" and "she's pretty". Those who know me know one of my fave sayings... "Pretty is fine and all but you can't TALK to pretty." Anywho, she got a little uncomfy because of a joke text I sent out to a LOT of people. I was listening to the Bellamy Brothers and one of their best songs came on so I sent the title to people. Most knew what I was referencing immediately. Sadly, my co-worker did not. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding... right up there with "I'm bored, wanna make out?" but this time it cost me my company to the show. Thankfully, my buddy Kevin stepped up and agreed to come. We met up at D&B for dinner (I'll talk about that LATER) and then headed out to the show. Aftert the show, we racked our brains to think of something more to do and used the folio weekly to see what was happenin' 'bout town! Not a damn thing, it turns out. We went to Square one to check out Boogie Freaks. They were good, the place sucked.
Real quick... Jeff Dunham is effin HEE-Larry-US! If he's ever nearby, make sure you go check him out. He repeated some material from his last visit but more than 75% was brand spanking new. I can't say I am all that impressed with the Atlantic Theatres... the sound sucked and the tables were crappy but they had beer and the comedians (all three) were good.
Overall, I still enjoyed my night (thanks, Kev!) but it was nowhere NEAR what had been planned.
Then came Saturday. Jessica had stayed out too late at flogging molly (go here to read more about that) so she slept in. We got to the Highland Games around noon, just in time for the opening ceremonies. You can read HER blog for more info on that. She covered it pretty well and I will discuss it more when I have time to upload the pics.
I got home earlier than expected so I relaxed some and took a nap. I woke up and got ready. While heading out to TM, after having received several confirms, I started to get the bad news. I got there right around 845PM and had laready heard the bad news from a couple of people. Then the one who was SO damn adamant about being there finally said she couldn't make it due to family drama. The last remaining person didn't come because she had forgotten about plans with her cuz. I can't complain too much because this will become a saving grace VERY soon. Anyway, TM was celebrating it's one year anniversay all week long by giving out frree beer and cocktails from 9-10. Had Jessica not been there, I wouldn't have known this so thank GOD she was!! Anywho, after enjoying manby, many drinks, it became clear we wouldn't enjoy STAYING there so we left. I had mentioned what my friend was doing with her cuz and Jessica said "that sounds like fun!"
If you went over to her blog, you know where this is going.
We met up with April and her cousin at the Metro (after getting lost... again... worse than when we went to the HLG in the morning... hey, Jon, guess what, Jessica and I get lost almost as bad as you and I do!) and started to enjoy some interesting people watching. We watched a dance contest and played "male or female?" It's a fun game where everyone wins. Then we went back to watch the drag show. It wasn't that much fun the last time I went but I had a lot more going on the last time.
Remind me to tell you that story one day. I am always happy to tell it in person but it might make a good entry someday.
Anywho, there were some damn spooky guys there in how much they looked feminine. I KNOW that shit ain't cheap to get done and some had everything done. I mean, EVERYTHING. There is only SO much you can hide by tucking the pecker under!! And Jessica had a guy buy her a drink!! How cool is that?!?! She didn't mention that in her blog! Some guy came up and bought her a drink. I was so proud of her! Granted, he was gay... but still. Most of the guys there ARE. It seems that out of every guy there, maybe 5-10% are straight. Out of the women there, maybe 50% are straight. Women are weird when it comes to that. There were a lot of FAKE lesbians there. They annoy me. And bi chicks REALLY piss me off. I think it's my sister's influence but still... what a bunch of BS. PICK AN ORIENTATION, DAMMIT!
So...again, nowhere NEAR what I had planned but still... had some great and wholesome family fun. :)
Plus, got to meet an old high school chum that I hadn't seen SINCE. That was weird. We weren't friends in high school. I mean, we knew each other but it was more we knew OF than actually KNEW. It's nice to be surprised. I can only hope she was just as surprised by me. All she really said, besides fuck you and asshole, was that she remembered me being shorter. I told her she shrank.
Sunday did end up being a day of rest. I finalyl got up and out and saw Pink Panther in the afternoon with a new friend and then spent time with someone who has been ignoring me for quite some time. Sadly, I only had so many hours in the day and really needed more so I could hang out with my friends. I need to get around several (sorry, I missed you!) but I work the next three nights!
Argh.
I need a better paying DAY job so I can quit the night one!
Any ideas?Anywho, gotta run. Almost dinner time and I need to shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home