Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Superman Returns... and I kind of got a mini-woody

But not in any kind of gay way!
Go check it out. Then come back.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/
All done? Ok. So I'm actually NOT dreading this anymore. Sure, I'm a tad worried about MI:III since they did a super rush job on it and X3 has Ratner taking over the reins and doing a super rush job on that one... but the actual SUPER movie looks a LOT better now. Still not too sure about Brandon as Supes and I despise the new Lois almost as much as I despise the Lana on Smallville (ptui!). Spacey looks good as Lex and the rest of the cast seems ok... and FINALLY they use the other catchphrase of the mythos!! FINALLY! I was planning a little comic about that so I'm glad I can wait now. Whew... I don't have time for it, anyway.
The effects still look too CGI-ish but that's to be expected and HOPEFULLY, like with Hulk, they will spend time to fix them and tweak them some more.
Story kind of bugs me.. Lois and son get kidnapped... yawn. They made it thru the other FOUR Superman movies without Lois EVER really getting kidnapped... Supes II doesn't count since they didn't take her until AFTER Superman was trying to lure them off.
All in all, though, I am getting a bit of an excitement thing building here. At the very least I am leaning more to the positive side.
Your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home