Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My New Religion (2004)

I bow before your still crossed heart,
Your dying hopes echoing in the air.
I see our future through a needles eye.
It’s simple and pure and yet so far off.

Our innocence shows me all that is.
Our childish advances stop what could be.
Our youth serves to only slow us down.
Our age just brings pity from others.

Still my faith grows with every moment
And my heart yearns to feel your warmth.
While your glow gives me knowledge unknown
But the faster we move the further we go.

I have learned to pray to you, my new god.
I offer all sacrifices and tributes in your name.
I give you all my will and trust and wants.
I can do nothing without your blessing.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
And pray my heart you will keep
I lay and watch you ‘til you wake
And hope someday your hand I’ll take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home