Monday, September 26, 2005

A-SS-HO-LE! A-SS-HO-LE!!

Ok, gang and non-gang alike. I have a predicament. Now, anyone who knows me knows I have a classification for myself. It has been given to me over the years and I have learned to take pride in it. Hell, even my mother calls me it.
Asshole.
I am an asshole.
I don't mean I have the POTENTIAL to be an asshole or that I can be one SOMETIMES... I AM an ASSHOLE. But I'm also a rather nice guy. OR as I have gotten to putting it, I am the nicest asshole you will ever meet. And yeah, even though mama calls me an asshole at times, she will also ASK me to be one, too.
Several sundays I was woken up by mama with, "William, the church people are at the door again... go talk to them."
And some girl-type-friends have asked for the A-Hole. Some have been ATTRACTED to that side of me. Scary side-note, actually. I've had more than one woman hound me when I was the asshole and then when I start liking them and start being more NICE, they lose interest. I hate that.
ANYway, why am I bringing all this up?
Simple. I have come to realize that different people define "asshole" differently. So what I need from people is two fold:
1) What do YOU think an asshole is?
2) How am I, SPECIFICALLY, an asshole?
And try to avoid looking at someone ELSE'S comments before leaving yours. Don't want anyone being influenced or echoing something intentionally. But if there appears to be a concensus then I know what's waht, y'know?
Should be simple enough. For those who don't really know me and/or don't agree with the asshole assessment? Thanks... say so... but trust me (us), give it time and you'll see it. Unless I REALLY REALLY like you, of course.
I appreciate all who comment but I DO ask you keep it serious and mention only HONEST opinions and events. I don't need any "I think he's an asshole cause he pushed that old lady into traffic".
I mean, come ON!!
Nobody saw that!
And also "And asshole is William cause he's an asshole" would get you laughed out of elementary school debate club so don't do that here. And, no, I won't bare any grudges or argue any points. That's not why I am doing this.
I will also post this on MySpace so you can comment in both spots or just one or post two different things... up to you.
This is ALL up to you.
Thanks.
William

11 Comments:

Blogger wmjwatson said...

And he says it with PRIDE!!!
Thanks!
Doesn't help me understand what YOU see as an "asshole", though. How do you think people classify it vs. yourself? I mean, what's the difference between an "asshole", "dick", "jerk" and "fuckhead"?

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asshole... as pertaining to the male gender.
The abilty to make someone (mainly a woman or women) feel like complete crap. How might this be? Simple. Ask a question trying to find out about someone, get an honest answer and save the information for use at a future time to use against and or make fun of the person the information came from.
As well, as playing those dating games, and you ladies and gents know what I mean! "Like like" someone to be nice to them... wtf? Ever hear of common curtiousy? How about "treat others as you..." oh wait, I forgot, those people are assholes, so, they wanted to be treated like one!
*Holds up wad of tp*
LOL
Just my dollars worth! *damn inflation even affecting the price of thought!*

8:49 PM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

Ok, good... NOW we're talking!! So, what else? Anyone ELSE got some input? It doesn't have to be about ME, in particular, obviously. Just trying to get an understanding of what people think of when they SAY "asshole".

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE an asshole. Absolutely. And I think the fact that you call yourself a "nice" asshole is irrelevant. An asshole is an asshole. It's like having a red car or a blue car. Still a car. Still makes people feel like crap. Still the best damn sex I ever had. So unfair.

11:14 AM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

Why is it so damn hard for someone to DEFINE what THEY mean when THEY use the term "Asshole"? Seriously? I mean, thanks and all for some kind words but at the same time, it shows that you apparently use the term as a blanket term with no variations. So how DO you define asshole?

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ASSHOLE- a person who couldn't give a shit less about the feelings of others...a person who wantonly abuses the kindness of others...a person who uses others for their own pleasure...a person who jokes at the expense of others...a person who takes and takes and takes with little thought to giving back...a person who is mean for the hell of it...a person who feels entitled to take without giving back...about 80% of the fucking male population. Should I go on or are you sufficiently satisfied?

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(And maybe 85% of the female population).

2:08 PM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

Amazing how such a simple request gets you so angry. But thank you for the input.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't assholes generally set off an irritated feeling? Isn't that the whole point about being an asshole? Are you expecting nice words when you call yourself an asshole? By calling yourself an asshole, you are essentially asking for people to say bad things about you and say them in an irritated way. You asked. If you don't like the answers, tough shit. Shouldn't have asked.

4:06 PM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

I'm not upset about the answers... I am thrilled that some are actually (and finally) ANSWERING the question and addressing the post. I DID state it didn't even have to be about ME but would actually be better just to have various people (who have CALLED me an asshole)explain their criteria. You have now done that. Thanks.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome, William J. It was my pleasure.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home