Wednesday, January 11, 2006

PLEASE!!! I need SUPPORT!!

Tonight is the first nite for TEAM CROSSWORD at Bob Marlins out at the beach (www.bobmarlins.com). It starts at 7:30 and will probably run for almost 2 hours, depending on number of players. The prizes for the top three teams are $40, $20 and $10 (house cash). The game itself involves me giving out puzzles and reading off clues, playing songs, and then giving answers once done with each puzzle. Puzzles will be worth 2, 3, 4, and 5 points each. Will have a halftime jumble and a final spelling question to sort out the winners. It CAN be fun!! Depends on the crowd. And it is NOT “gay” as so many people have said.
This will be my first time hosting this type of game. Team TRIVIA I have down pat but this is something new. Sure, it has a trivia side to it but I will be busy focusing on all the different rules and such PLUS this being my first time at this location to relax TOO much. Maybe I should get drunk before I start, what do you think? Ok, maybe not.
Oh, and this is also my first nite using the PA system again. I haven’t used that since football season started because Calico Jack’s was the only place who wouldn’t place a line for me to use. I hate this thing. It’s big and bulky and just a pain in my ass. I’ll need to get there early just to figure out where I’m setting up!! ARGH!!
Anyone living out near the beaches who wants to come out and support me, though, will be warmly welcomed. Also, since I doubt I will want to keep this gig for long (just long enough to make some extra $), let me know if you’d like to host it. You just have to be able to be there every Wednesday by 7PM to set up and the game runs from 730-930. Pays $50 straight for about 2 ½ hours work. It’s a good deal… just too far for me. And we are TRYING to get a wire set so we won’t need the PA for too long.
But seriously… anyone who wants to come out and play… feel free!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home