Saturday, March 04, 2006

Not for the squeamish...

I am sick, weak and can't sleep...
So of COURSE, no one is UP!!! DAMN YOU ALL!!sigh.I hate being sick... what's worse, I hate that sloooooow decline into sickness. I much prefer to just WAKE UP sick, you know? This recent crap started WHILE I was hosting trivia. I just felt the tickle in my throat get worse through the night. It got even worse on the way home.
This made me cuss out anyone and everyone who had come around me the last couple of days/weeks. Granted, the weather changing almost hourly and my own lack of sleep making me one weak puppy couldn't have helped. But that sounds like it's MY fault so fuck that line of reasoning!
I woke up and it was still there, only a little worse. I went to work and it persisted to just bother the hell out of me.
I had a morning meeting at work, of course, and had to sit through that wanting nothing more than to just start snorting and hucking and crrrrrugh-ing the stuff buiulding in the back of my throat up and OUT!
I couldn't.
Stupid Code of Proper Conduct rules. What's phlegm amongst co-workers, right?
I get out of the meeting, sneak off to the restroom and proceed to remove about a pound of unwanted fluid from my throat. I say a pound but it may have been much more given how lightheaded it made me afterwards.
And it was THEN I noticed the first sense of stiffness. It was in my lower neck, right above where it "connects" and extended a bit down between the shoulder blades. By the time I was back to my desk, my whole upper back was one big... THING and it didn't really like me doing anything. Move my head? Raising my arms? Scratching my ass? All were VERY uncomfy for me.
Next up on the checklist was my hearing. While sitting there listening to music (Jars of Clay for the curious out there), suddenly my left ear went dead and my right ear had a VERY loud squeal just ERUPT which lasted for at least a minute.
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE***
When it stopped, I looked around to make sure no one else heard it. Why that makes me feel better, I don't know. Nope, it was just me. It hasn't happened again but it always signals a nasty head cold for me. It means that pound or more I spit out was soon to be replaced by about three times as much.
It means the coughing will come and give me a headache with each one.
It means sleeping will be difficult and talking a chore.
It means walking is out of the question so I will feel trapped inside... cabin fever's a-comin'!
It means my weekend plans are all shot to shit!!!
And NO ONE IS UP TO SHARE MY PAIN!!!
Damn you!!
Damn you all to HELLLLLLLLLLL!
But hey, the good news is I have all but finished a requested cartoon and am just waiting on one detail confirmation before it's all done!!
So that's something nice, right?
There you go...silver lining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home