Sunday, June 25, 2006

On The Road To Palatka Part II: Turtle Rescue

Jon and I were still on the hunt for some fun pics. We were heading into Palatka and saw some interestnig things. Several of the pics didn't come out (like all the spider pics and stuff)


While driving around Palatka, we saw this turtle on the side of the road... well, a little too close to the traffic lanes actually.


He seemed friendly though a little bit of a daredevil.


We were worried about him so I was elected to be the one to pick him up and move him.


So once I was done with a couple of pics, I bent over and picked im up. The summbitch tried to claw me!!! And the HISSING!!! I was scared for my life, I tell you!


I showed him to Jon while I walked him over to the other side , away from most of the cars.


The little bastard wouldn't stop flaling about until I got him over and set him down..


... And then he just hauled ass. Not even so much as a "Thanks for saving my turtle ass, bub!"

Turtles are terrible people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

Hello, fellow turtle rescuer! Hey...I think that might be one of those endangered tortoises ( I could be wrong, of course)! Anyway, good job!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home