Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 already shaping up to suck worse than 2006

Many of my friends and readers know what's been going on lately and how bad last year ended. I tried to stay hopeful for a happy 07 with chances at improving my life and loves but have been rather depressed.

This morning I woke up as my sister/roommate, Wendy, got ready for work. I had takena lot of melatonin last night but that stuff really just helps you FALL asleep... not STAY asleep... so I got up, went to the restroom and since I was awake, checked email. I got a message from my sister, Wanda, who lives with mom.

William and wendy,I am taking mom to Memorial ER.I will keep in touch with her status. Mom says "William go to work" and "Wendy,stay in bed,your sick" I will keep you informed.

The year was sucking and I hadn't even got out of BED yet!

I had spent much of yesterday over at Mom's to watch her. I had to do laundry and got a wlak in and did other things so she wouldn't feel like she was being mom-sat. Of course, Wanda asked me right in front of her to come back later that night to check on her. Wanda knew something was up but wasn't sure what. I'm not surprised, we've all been feeling it. We've always been sensitive to tragedy... what a shitty trait to share, right?

Anywho... I get a call around 8 from Wanda. Still not out of bed yet... The email sounded important but since Wanda wa there and telling me it was ok, I went back to sleep. I haven't been sleeping well even WITH the pills so only took me half an hour. It was during the phone call I got the REST of the story.

My mother was taken to Memorial ER this morning around 630. She had been noticing blood during BM's since yesterday and, though I was present much of yesterday, she hid that it persisted until Wanda got home and she made sure to check. They have since done a pelvic area CAT scan, no results yet, and have admitted her to do a colonoscopy tomorrow. They know two things for sure... she has gall stones and that the bleeding is serious.

The nerve wracking part was when the doctor said the one word that we never wanted to hear, "Pancreas."

We are all waiting and stressing since her sister died 5 years ago from pancreatic cancer. Her sister was 3 years younger than Mom is now.

We've all watched her health deteriorate this past year. We now worry that it's because of that damnable word.

If you're of the praying sort, I'd appreciate the sentiments. I may not be a believer but mom is. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home