Thursday, August 11, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Ok, so my b-day week has been off to a shitty start. I mentioned earlier that my sis hit my damn car and monday was the day to take it to the shop. But BEFORE all that happened... I had the lousy turn out at trivia on Saturday, managed to make it to Ichituknee on Sunday but the person I went with had to rush back in order to visit her ma in the hospital (was plannign to go with her sister) and on the way back, we get the info that her sis is going on her own...well, with her hubby...so there wasn't any reason to rush back. Ugh. Anywho, Monday I take my car to Viverettes Auto Body on Cassat Ave in Jax, FL. Nice place, friendly folk, no problem. Even has a Geico rep right there. Granted, you couldn't PAY me to have fricking Geico insurance but that's what my sister has so it was cool to have HER rep there for me to bitch at. But see, Enterprise was supposed to have a car waiting for me at 930. I was supposed to just drop off my car at 9, sign the paperwork and walk out and get into my rental. They weren't there at 930. They weren't there at 10. They weren't answering their phones. They were about a mile down the road. So the lady at Viverettes drives me down. I get there around 1010 and I can see from outside there is quite a few people there. Over 20. All of whom are waiting for cars. Seems 4 of their CSR's called out sick and the drivers were taking their sweet ass time coming back with cars so it was hard to figure out if they were just swamped or just stalling. Two hours later I finally get my car. Actually, that's 2 and a 1/2 hours later. That's right... TWO AND A HALF FRICKIN HOURS!!! My monday sucked. Then Tuesday I had tix to see a preview of Skeleton Key. Yippee, free stuff! I may write a review of this movie... still debating since I love movies and always thought I would write a bunch of reviews if I ever started a blog... might get around to doing one big one to cover all the movies but in the meantime I will sum up my feelings of Skeleton Key: It sucked. It really, really sucked. John Hurt was good, though. And it is always good to see Kate Hudson's nearly-nekkid self in a flick but that only gets a movie SO far. Anywho, so that meant Tuesday was a major letdown. Now we get to Wednesday. Went ok. Took time to go to a job fair and, as suggested, I brought a whole heaping helping of resumes. After going I wondered why I bothered. Either the companies at this so-called "Customer Service" job fair were not even LOOKING for customer service people or they just referred people to their website. TWICE I heard "you sound like exactly who we are looking for so go online and apply". I replied, "Can't YOU take my resume?" This ellicited the same response both times. "Sure, I can take your resume but you still need to go online and apply." WHY?!?!? What ever happened to sending someone to these things who can make a fricking decision??? I mean, you don't even really get a name to drop when you apply nor is their a place to actually drop it ANYWAY. So damned frustrating. Then I go to BW3's in Baymeadows for trivia since I am STILL the damn scorekeeper. This means I don't get to play but I DO get paid with a $25 gift card so I can eat and drink there. Yippee. ANYwho, it goes pretty smoothly but see, the problem is one person who is there. Not the guy who revealed some rather negative thoughts about my character. Not my friend who wasn't in the mood to drink and party for my b-day. And certainly not the guy who waited until 1020pm to tell me he was still in Daytona (the prick!). Nope. It was that woman from the Dominoes posting. And all I got was a lil "Oh, Hi". I mean, her roommate, who I met only once, stopped and talked to me longer. HER ROOMMATE! She was busy talking to some other guy. Not the married guy. Not one of her other friends. Some NEW guy. I know it's pointless and silly to be upset but... you know... argh...dammit sometimes you SHOULD get upset over silly things. Here's hoping my actual BIRTHDAY (08/11) can prove better. Not shaping up that way so far... but I like feeling hope. I will let you all know if it does.
In the meantime, if you read this thing please fricking COMMENT!!!
It makes me feel special.
Take care, everyone. I am taking my slightly buzzing self to bed now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Sounds like a pretty disappointing week, I hope your birthday goes better for you. I'd tell you to try and forget the girl...but I know that's an impossibility, so I'll just say - good luck.

12:27 PM  
Blogger wmjwatson said...

Yeah, I am over the girl but not the whole crappy nature of it. Understand? It's like, I ain't pining or anything but when it's thrown in my face, it still stings a bit. Mostly cause of the confusion surrounding the whole mess.
Oh, and thanks for posting, Julie!!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home