Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mom

They are still waiting to do the colonoscopy. They have said it will be the "last one before lunch." According to Wanda, that is NOT a good thing. I will be heading up there shortly to try and see her before since should things go awry, she will be taken straight into surgery. Apparently, Ma was in denial when she referred to the growths as being on her spleen. They are most definitely some unknown things on her pancreas and surrounding areas so they will be going in to look for malignancies. Should they find them... it will most likely mean mom will not make it thru the year.

Her sister died at 60 from pancreatic cancer.

Her mother died at 59 from pancreatic cancer.

Two of her aunts died in their early 60's from pancreatic cancer.

Mom is understandably scared.

Wanda and Wendy have both agreed they are scr*wed.

I hate hospitals.

I hate going to them. Even to visit when it's something silly. Nothing good has EVER come from visiting hospital in my life. The closest I've come is to be able to say, "Well, at least you didn't die on that trip... came close but...." Very few people can get me to go to a hospital. Mom is one of them. But even then it's only when Wanda says I should come. When we know mom will be home in a day or two, I usually don't go. Yeah, like I said... I HATE hospitals. Call me a punk loser all you want but I hate them.

So, when I say to you all that I am going to go and see her today... keep this in mind. It means I am truly frightened.

And what REALLY stinks... you'd think all this would put my recent troubles in perspective. Instead, it simply makes the absence that much harder to take.

I can't wait until the first day this year where I actually have something GOOD happen.

I'm sure I'll be much better to be around then.

Well, at least closer to normal.

Anywho, that's the update as it stands now.

Talk at you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home