Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gilligan's Passing

I am not gonna lessen the death of a man at this time by attempting to write any sort of obituary or eulogy. I enjoyed Gilligan's Island and watched it repeatedly growing up. I enjoyed what I saw of Dobie Gillis a little less but it wasn't my cup of tea. I enjoyed that Space Nuts show he did (I think that was the title) and his appearance in Back to the Beach is hilarious (as is Hale and , well, the whole damn movie... go rent it...RIGHT NOW!!!). And besides, someone who actually MET the guy did a much better obit than I EVER could:
http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2005_09_06.html#010296
Read it.
It's damn good.

Good bye, Mr Denver.
You were a funny, funny man.
And am I the only one who has visions of Alan Hale smacking him over the head with a halo right now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home