Wednesday, August 17, 2005

So what happened on my birthday?

You mean besides this? http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3383139a11,00.html
Well, some friends met me up at Gators cause i wanted to try out their trivia with a team. I had played there the week prior with Jess and Kev but, well, we sucked. Only managed to get 6 points by the end of the first half and maxed out at 50 for the game. So I wanted to try it agian with an actual TEAM. Plus, it was an excuse just to get folks together. Even had a surprise guest, which was nice. Anywho, we DID do better in the first half... got SEVEN points. We did decently in the second half and were on target to eek out like 54 points by the end of the game but we didn't. But so what... still had fun. It was nice to catch up with people I don't see often or at all. Heard some disturbing tales, one of which threatened the good spirits I was feeling (thanks, Brooke!) but I stayed focusedd on the goal.
After trivia a few of us headed to Beedubs to use gift cards we had and drink some more. Which we did. And Julie bought me a choc cake there so I could have a b-day cake (thanks, Julie!) so that was mighty sweet. The act AND the cake. I headed home shortly after midnight, I think, and got some good rest.
So, yeah, it wasn't a party-party-party birthday but it was fun. Besides, I don't usually get into parties for ME. Don't mind going to someone else's or celebrating someone else's but for ME, I like a bunch of smaller gettogethers.
Anywho, I will update again soon, I hope, but for now... let THAT tide you over.
As always, please comment if you read this and have anything to add or ask.
Or just comment, I don't care. I like comments. They're fun!
Oh, and Team Trivia at Calico Jack's, Baymeadows, Saturdays at 7pm! Come out and bring your friends!! And I just got confirmed that I will be hosting trivia at BW3's in Orange Park on thursdays starting the first thursday after labor day, the 8th, I believe, so please support THAT one, too.
Take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home