Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cock a diddle don't!

Ok, I've come to a decision... sex is just too much trouble. It keeps screwing EVERYTHING up in my life. Those who know me know that I loves me some sex... love just about everything about it. Sure, there's stuff I won't do but for the most part, anything involving me and a (usually) nekkid woman is fine and dandy and the prime ingredients for a fun night.

I am not being a pig here, just honest. I love the female form. I love the tastes and smells and how their skin looks. It's why I'm not a big fan of tattoos and overdoing the perfume. Get me a woman fresh from the shower before she puts all the lotions on and shit and I'm a happy guy!

So why does sex just get in the way? Not counting my recent heartbreak, sex often becomes a big deal in a young relationship. It's like once you start doing it, that's where your mind goes.

Assuming it's any good.

I once joked that in the beginning, you go to a movie and hope for sex after. Then you go to the movie and actually HAVE the sex after. Later on, you have sex BEFORE going to the movie and on good days, after, too. The trouble starts when you start havnig sex INSTEAD of the movie. You need to foster the REST of the relationship or you're in deep shit.

It's like, a great relationship will help make mediocre sex seem better but great sex won't save a weak relationship.

Hell, just last year I told someone that I was putting in so much effort to get her attention back and get time with her that it couldn't be about the sex... we didn't have that much yet and what we had wasn't that great. But we got along and I enjoyed the physical side more because of that.

So, with my recent mess in mind and realizing it DID start as a fling on my part... fuck buddy type of thing... and an affair on hers... also fuck buddy kind of thing, really since had she gotten it from elsewhere, she wouldn't have needed me. And I can think of others that began with me and the date getting too hot and too heavy too fast. Once the line is crossed, it's hard to back up and say "Whoops, forget that happened!" Even when both parties AGREE, the thought is still there. You more freely touch each other than had you not gone all the way... or even just damn close.

So, I'm wondering if I should give something a try that I have't considered since I stopped letting it be a status chosen FOR me... celibacy.

That's right, the C-word.

I think I have it in me to stand tall and resist temptation. I've done it before. Not by CHOICE, mind you, but I did. I know a couple of friends have recently decided to try this, too. Maybe I should contact them and be Quitting Buddies.

I'm not sure how well it would work. I know how easily tempted I am. Good lord, a woman just needs to shave her legs and wear shorts around me and I'll be wanting to know how her thighs feel aganist my cheeks.

Ah, man... I already have that in my head and I just started THINKING about trying this today!

Ok, technically I started it right after my last time having sex.

What? It helps me feel like I have already accomplished something and encourages me to try.

I'm still debating on the subject of self-gratification... I'm not sure if that should count. I mean, I would need to release tension SOME way and there's only so many hobbies I could do.

So that is where I'm at... after getting my heart stomped so thoroughly I am thinking about swearing off sex.

I'm sure if she knew she'd be thrilled to have had this effect.
So what do YOU all think? Should I give it a try? And I'm not talking priesthood celibacy, simply holding off on sex until the relationship is strong and not like third date stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home