Monday, August 14, 2006

My Birthday Weekend Part III

Saturday Evening

Ok, where was I? Oh, right. I went to the beach in the morning and played in the water a LOOOOOONG time after Jessica got stung by a jellyfish. We got some Wendy's on the way home and split up. She had to go out with her "boyfriend" (even though she fought with him on the phone the moment he called) while I went home to nap and relax.

I had made plans to meet up with whoever wnated to at Mellow Mushroom at 8 since we dind't need to be at Crazy 88's Dueling Piano Bar until 9. I figured an hour would be plenty of time to snack and walk about 100 feet to the place. And Bonnie agreed to come out and hang once her ride for the night cancelled so she drove herself.

But remember those storm clouds? Yeah, well they hit. They hit like a mutha fucka!! It was STORMING!!! Thankfully it slowed down JUST long enough for me to get from my car into MM. I got there and Bonnie and I sat down. I joked with the waitress (anyone who has been out with me knows what that means) and she seemed like she was going to be a cool chick. Bonnie reminded me that the present she had gotten for me had gotten soaked when she left her windows down the LAST time it had stormed... this meant no presents at all. I'm ok with that but still... kind of a bummer with how everything was shaping up. And it's one thing to not get presents... especailly when I tell people not to. It's another to have HAD a present and have it get ruined.

Anyway, dinner is going well and we're having fun chatting. This means Bonnie isn't getting mad at me for something. Those are always good conversations. :) But the food is taking a while to come out. Bonnie decides she wants dessert and since she's paying for diner, I am not going to tell her no. So we order a brownie thinking we have time since the others hadn't gotten there yet. So, of course, they show up at Crazy 88's when the brownie is ordered.

Now, Misty and Cali were coming and they are NEVER on time. Even my friend Amy had called and made it sound like it would be 930 before they got there. But oh no... I was the last one over there. Sorry, guys.

Anywho... first we actually have to GET our brownie. And it's taking a LONG time. So long I actually got up to find her in order to cancel the order and get our check. It was then I saw that they were making it. Well, putting it onto a plate with a bunch of ice cream and whipped cream.

We got the brownie, asked for the check (well, Bonnie did... and verbally cut the waitress at the knees!!) and ate the brownie. Bonnie paid, we got up and headed over. The rain had stopped again so that was cool. We get in and make the introductions and all is going well.

Me. Bonnie. Misty. Cali. Amy and Amy's fiance, after a fashion, Rick. Decent guy... seemed a bit out of sorts though. I was just glad another guy showed up. Like I've said before... I have a lot of female friends. I just get along better with women, I guess.

Plus, they're soft and smooth... those are two good traits. But not in guys.

So we're hanigng out, chatting and enjoying the music. Then it starts.

Amy isn't drinking. Rick isn't drinking. Misty isn't drinking (diet). Bonnie isn't drinking more than one because she has to drive all the way back to the beaches. Cali only wants one drink because of the storm.

Yay, me. I'm the only one wanting to drink. After all... that WAS the point of coming to a bar.

So I convince Bonnie to drink one (her first round was a water). And Cali agrees to a second beer. Then a third. Then a fourth (the storm had passed, dammit!). So it wasn;t as bad as I dreaded.

Oh, but what's the point of being at a piano bar on or around your birthday if you don't get drug up and made a fool of, you ask? Didn't I, myself, the birthday boy get such a priviledge?

Ahem.

Hell no!

I made that QUITE clear going in that they would NOT tell ANYONE it was my birthday. I have done that sort of thing before... didn't enjoy it. Don't wanna do it again.

But Misty and Amy and Cali all questioned my stubborn stance on the issue. Amy even jokingly went up and made it look like she was doing something. I told her I WOULD walk out the door if my name got called. (like I said... bad experiences). Those three again questioned... especially Misty. So when Amy had to leave early (or was it Rick.. doesn't matter, still meant Amy had to leave... and before I got the camera out too!!), I gave her $5 and told her that Misty had just graduated from college... even made the Dean's List on her final term!!! (Congratulations, Misty!!!)

And, of course, Misty has NO problem with ME getting up on the pianos. Then they announced that they had someone in the audience who had just graduated and made the dean's list.

I haven't seen THAT dirty a look on her face in a long damn time.

Then they called her name.

And I giggled and pushed her out there.

I'll post a separate blog about what happened once I can get the pics uploaded but let me just say she came off the floor with an understanding of my position.

But I still had Cali. And Jessica had checked in after her "date: and wnated to know who was there. I told her and told her to come!! She himhawed about but finally agreed and came up. When she came in, I met her at the bar which was across from where we all were. I told her to go up and put in Cali's name but make everyone think she was putting MY name in. Cali just got a new job, I said. :)

Yeah, I know... I showed a HELLUVA lot of trust in both of them. They could have EASILY f#cked me over and put MY name in but they didn't. They're good people.

Again, I got to see a REALLY nasty look from someone... this time from Cali (who is a model and loves to do karaoke... and gave me grief about not wanting to go up there). Misty just giggled and helped push her out there.

I'll get those pics up, too, along with an explanation but, yep, she came back to me and wanted to hurt me. Although... come to think about it... Cali acted like she hated me most of the night anyway. :(

So the night kept on trucking along... good fun... good drinks (for me) and good friends. I loved it and love them all. Thanks for coming out everyone!!

You, too, Rick.

Next up... Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home